I would like to thank "PIMP23432" For his tutorial on a lag switch,I was going to attempt to write one myself but he did the job already so thanks to him and enjoy.
ok so you want to make a "Lag Switch" to standby in ranked or custom games.
Things you need to get started:
* Precision knife (stanley, exacto knife) needs to be razor sharp to be effective.
* Ethernet Cable
* Philips Screwdriver
* Light switch or any other switch suitable and large enough to control and play at the same time.
* 5 mins of your time
* 5 mins to test
* Wire Cutters or a lighter
* Some Electrical tape
(as you should know, the switch you are creating is only effective if your host, you will need a bridger)
(do the whole process offline)
Lets get going:
1. Get your ethernet cord and lay it out on a suitable clean surface.
2. use your knife to cut a 10cm slice through the plastic covering (insulation)
3. pull out the wires and locate the orange wire, (should be twisted together with a similar orange and white wire, make sure you get this right.
(in some cases orange may not work for whatever reason, in this case try the solid green wire)
4. cut the solid orange wire in the middle, being careful not to cut the wrong one.
5. undo the wire so that its free from the orange and white stripped one.
6. use the wire cutters to shear away the plastic cover on the orange wire, or use a lighter, flame whatever!
7. when the bare copper wires are showing, get your light switch.
8. now undo the screws and put each end of the wire ends into each one of the connectors.
9. if any bare wires are showing use electrical tape to cover them.
Now Testing your switch:
1. sign onto xbox live with your gold account
2. in this case im going to guess your using halo 3
3. make a custom game, lets say slayer on guardian.
4. start the game and wait until your about 5 secs into the game, longer if you wanna grab the good weapons:laughing:.
(you have to do this so that you get host)
5. invite a few friends
6. when you see someone, press the newly made switch, this will cause them to walk into walls, stand still, and even kill themselfs.
(be careful the maximum amount of time you can hold the switch is 3-4 secs before you lag out and get signed of of xbox live).
7. beat them down or shred them with bullets
8. thats it, thats how you work it, you can rack up the kills.
9. try this a few times and when you get the hang of it, try it in social, and from there the one and only "RANKED" :whatever:50's:whatever: here we come!
Best methods to use your Lag switch in Ranked (matchmaking)
1. find yourself a bridger, (try to get a good one, theres many on these forums)
2. tell him what you want to do and he will sort it out
3. start the game, Team slayer, and doubles work best!
(best not to go in three's it can take longer to match you up, try to go in as you and the bridger, or you the bridger and 2 others, make sure you can trust them otherwise they could file a complaint on you and get you banned from xbox live).
4. it will take a while to find a game, this isn't something to worry about though.
5. when you get matched up and you get host, :cry2hopefully):cry2: wait until the game starts and when the connection bars start showing next to everyones name this is the time to start.
(you can check if your host by doing this)
press down the switch for 2 secs and see if all players get a red bar next to there name, if they do your host, if not and its only you that gets a red bar, your not host.
in this case the best thing i suggest you do is to find yourself a "bridger" that knows what there doing:laughing:
6. now when your about 5 feet away from an enemy press the switch down and he will either walk in a straight line or stand still. own him and move on, but be careful not to hold the switch too long, this will lag you out, like i said earlier, your best to put the switch on the floor and control it with your foot, its easier and allows you to control the game easier, or get a friend to help, :laughing:"if you have any" LOL:laughing:
7.thats about it, run round the map and kill the whole team, it will take practise and determination but you will get there.
i will upload pics soon, meanwhile be happy with what you have got!
Things you should worry about using the lag switch:
* Host banned (this is when you standby too many times when you have host, but the only way to standby is when you have host). there is a way around it though, vary the amount of times you use the switch, and get friends to submit good player reviews about you. When you are host banned, you can no longer get host and therfore cant standby, this only lasts no longer than 2 weeks, to you should be fine, at the moment i dont know of any possible method of avoiding host ban).
* Lagging out (this is when you hold the button too long, 2-3 seconds is the safe limit, the most is 4 so be careful. "DONT GET GREEDY"
This tutorial was written by me, so all credit goes to me pimp23432, if you use this tut anywhere else other than se7ensins, please mention my name.
I have no responsibility of what happens to you when using the switch, so please dont PM me saying i got banned or saying what a cheater i am. i will only ignore you, after all se7ensins is a cheating website, dont like it, then get outta here.
If you need a bridger: im your man add: pimp23432 to your friends, i will be more than happy to help, please note i cannot standby as i am currently host banned. I will help you to do it though.
you do not need any software for the switch to be effective, all you need is what i mentioned.
"happy standbying and pm me for any help"